jueves, 12 de marzo de 2015

[Narrative] The strange library

Hi~ I'm MrsWalsh -or Aki, you can choose-, and I'm going to write about Asian literature, so... What whould be better than starting with a photoreview? Libros del Zorro Rojo is publishing some of Murakami's short stories ilustrated by Kat Menschik.

Title: The strange library
Original title: Fushigina Toshokan
Author: Haruki Murakami
Publication year: 1990
Genre: Narrative
Pages: 63













“The tricky thing about mazes is that you don't know if you've chosen the right path until the very end. If it turns out you were wrong, it's usually too late to go back and start again. That's the problem with mazes.”

A boy goes to the library where, without noticing, would be captured. Reading will be his only hope to scape, but also his end.



I read the English translation to this story about one year ago on the internet and I liked it even when it isn't quite genuine. Murakami makes references to two of my favourite books: Kafka on the shore and --la caza del carnero salvaje------, and this made me felt at home while I was reading. The goatman would go with the protagonist as Kat Menschik's ilustrations, which represent Murakami's world on a perfect way.



“The world follows its own course. Each possesses his own thoughts, each treads his own path. So it is with your mother, and so it is with your starling. As it is with everyone. The world follows its own course.”






To finnish -ad trying not to make any spoiler- I have to say that I'll only recomend this book to someone who had read something of Murakami before because the story and style aren't the best ant which would make you love this book is -if we don't look at the beautiful edition- what it represents and reminds us.


Sorry if my English isn't good enough. It's the first time I write an English review and I am going to work hard to improve the way I do it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario